its me again - past company presidents

• 0 Replies

slinkystoy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »
i don\'t know if this is new news , but i was searching on the secretary of a states web-site and found 2 different mark twain corps.the older of the 2 was mark twain marine industries inc. that had its status revoked on 1/3/89 the president then was robert f smith. the newer of the companies was mark twain boat company inc. that was involuntarally disolved on 9/30/91. the prseident at that time was robert antanasov. i did a zabasearch for him in west frankfort but came up with nothing. i\'ll keep searching.

thompsonboat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »
Robert F. Smith was the head of United Marine Corporation. This is the umbrella firm he created in 1995 to oversee all his various boat building companies.

Smith and his brother owned a boat dealership in Berwyn, Illinois in the early 1960s called Smith Marine. In 1963 together with their father they purchased Dunphy Boat Corp. of Oshkosh, WI. By 1965 Dunphy was broke, closed down and was in receivership and eventually in bankruptcy. About 1970 Smith opened another boat dealership called Sequiot Harbor Marina at Antioch, IL. About the same time he started a fiberglass boat manufacturing firm called Classic Boats, Inc. at Roselle, IL. They were not around very long.

On Friday the 13th of April 1984 Smith bought Sea Sprite Boat Company of Crescent City, IL from Melvin Redeker. For some reason he later changed the address to Watseka, IL even tho the factory and office never moved.

Smith established Continental Marine Corporation on 13 Jan. 1993, as a shell corporation overseeing his marine endeavors. He was buying up boat firms or boat molds left and right after 1984 including Sea Raider, Moomba, Renken, and apparently Mark Twain and others. In court documents, it states that \"...in December 1992 Robert F. Smith, the president and sole stockholder of Sea Sprite, had drained the firm of assets and transferred boatbuilding operations to a newly formed corporation, Continental Marine.\" continuing, \"Smith explanied that he formed Continental because Sea Sprite had too many unsatisfied judgements against it  and was being hounded by creditors...\"

In 2002 Smith filed chapter 11 bankruptcy with $97 million dollars in claims. The bankruptcy case was closed 10 December 2008.

Andreas