THANK YOU CLINT - AHHH..WHAT RELIEF

• 1 Replies

Anonymous

« on: September 06, 2002, 11:29:28 PM »
Clint, I am still smiling having found this site. I purchased my first boat 3 yrs ago. A 1990 Mark Twain model 228. It has been absolutely a wonderful boat. I get more comments on the appearance and condition than I would have ever expected. Now the down side...2 weeks ago, I couldn\'t get it to fire. Pulled off the cap and it was moist. Dried and cleaned it...squirted a little ether ?(not sure of spelling) to fire due to flooded from attempts to start. Boat started but ran rough. I drove it till it burned all excessive fuel out and it ran great again. I stopped for a minute and when i took off, it fell flat on its face. I could barely get it started and could not keep it running. My reliable, never failed me, always runs tops, 5.7L Cobra-omc, left me floating. I got it home, fired it for a second and shut it down, so if it didn\'t start when i finished, I had to have screwed up something . I changed plugs(black), points(rusted), condenser, cap(nasty), and rotor. The boat would not fire...appears no spark. I changed the coil today and still no spark.  I can\'t tune a piano or tuna fish, but I should be able to tune this 350 engine. Please help!  I love my Mark Twain!

Clint

• Administrator
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 04:27:41 AM »
Have you held a plug against the block to verify no spark when cranking? Does it smell strongly of fuel? Maybe flooding....  Any suggestions from you other twainers out there?

Clint
My Twain\'s bigger than yours!