Tom Sawyer?

• 2 Replies

cobra001

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Tom Sawyer?
« on: September 03, 2002, 03:10:35 PM »
Dig this, been drivin\' outta my neighborhood every day last few weeks noticin the nose of this boat stickin out behind somebody\'s house. noticed it looked a whole lot like clint\'s boat. convinced myself it was definitely a mark twain and finally went and took a look at it today. looked like a twain (clint\'s) but it said tom sawyer on the side. i remember reading somewhere after mark twain shut down a few disgrunlted employees with high hopes started tom sawyer.

-Later

Clint

• Administrator
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Tom Sawyer?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 04:13:01 PM »
You might have read that on the MarkTwainBoats.org history page.   :p    

I heard that the Tom Sawyer boats were similar to Mark Twains...I guess now we know that is true.

Clint
My Twain\'s bigger than yours!

Anonymous

Tom Sawyer?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 10:02:24 PM »
I have my 1969 Tom Sawyer in tip top shape and it\'s the hit of the lake when I start my 327 cu in. V8 with straight thru the hull exhuasts...People hear, look then listen as I pull away from the dock in my 19\' runabout. If I new how to ad images to this system I would include them for your enjoyment. My uncle gave me this boat in 1999 and I have done some major and much minor repair to him. (Ole Tom) was his name at first but I\'ve changed it to \"Can you hear me now? Good!\" in honor of the awsome sound he creates.

I heard the makers were somehow involved with the Mark Twain Boaters and from looking at clints photo I see a whole lot of similarities.

Mine is equipped with a Mercruiser Type II 1:1.78 Outdrive and I get 46 Mph at Wide open thottle of 4500 rpm...And it\'s sounding great going across the water.

The deep V makes this boat especially nice on smaller choppy lakes....

I have worked on so much of this boat, I won\'t list it here, but the parts I needed I was able to find by making several hundred phone calls up and down the Ohio river to Marina stretching from Cincinnati to Evansville IN...

I\'ll go read some help files on posting images....