Replacing Floor

• 82 Replies

Racindude45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2004, 05:29:29 PM »
I like the looks of that hinge! the pin could be removed and re-installed to hold a seat or other items in place.  :cool:
\" Dream as if you\'ll live forever. Live as if you\'ll die tomorrow. \" ~ James Dean

The Billiken Rebel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2004, 09:54:34 PM »
Do you guys really have problems with your seats bouncing around? I only had this problem once, but instead of a seta it was my Mother-in-law. After I realized I was the only one laughing, I realized this was a bad thing. Oops? Seriously, My unmounted seats don\'t move around really.
\"I\'m your Huckleberry\"

akw4572

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2004, 10:34:02 PM »
Got all my materials today, will commence the floor laying tomorrow.  I\'ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Racindude45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2004, 11:29:24 PM »
It\'s not so much the seats bouncing around, but more so the kids moving them around while I\'m not looking. After leaving the Army I\'m kinda perticular about a place for everything and everything in it\'s place, if you know what I mean. I guess what I\'m sayin is I prefer things unmovable unless I move them (controll freak I guess).  :cool:
\" Dream as if you\'ll live forever. Live as if you\'ll die tomorrow. \" ~ James Dean

lilsinker

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2004, 11:46:33 AM »
Maybe it\'s just me. Or playing the way I do up on the river. I would love to go flying in behind those barges and jumping out of those huge rollers in their wake like I was on a jet ski. Needless to say, I beat the snot out of that little Baretta that I had. If the seats hadn\'t been bolted down I\'d have been fishin\' them out.
I said, GIVE ME THE ROPE!
Think you\'re \'Twain is fast?
Bring it ON!!

akw4572

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2004, 08:10:54 AM »
Got the floor all framed and the ski well floor in.  Taking longer than i anticipated, but I\'m almost there!

akw4572

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2004, 11:31:40 PM »
Quote from: \"akw4572\":q8luwucg
Got the floor all framed and the ski well floor in.  Taking longer than i anticipated, but I\'m almost there!

ahhhhhhh at last.  The only thing left is to lay the carpet.  A word to the wise, the stringers I used were thicker than the originals.  I ended up having to cut the metal strip that went around my ski well, as the well will be about a 1/2\" \"thinner\" on the width, didn\'t think of that ahead of time.  All that\'s left for me and my dad is to lay the carpet, get the carburator cleaned and adjusted, replace the plugs, wires, and points, and away I go (hopefully).  Thanks for the tip on the great stuff foam, it worked well.

Cedric

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Replacing Floor
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2004, 10:43:02 AM »
I replaced the stringers, foam and floor in my boat.  The biggest problem was getting the stringers dead level for the new marine plywood floor.  The most time consuming was glassing the new stringers in.  One thing they never tell you is you do need to glass the new plywood floor on top and botton before reinstalling the floor.  Also glass the stringers full height.  I used 2 part foam that you mix to activate which I picked up at a marina.  ($230 for 2 one gallon cans parts A/B.  Took 4 gallons to do the complete floor.)  Be careful not to overfill the cells which will cause heaving but fill all empty cells.  You can top off the cells with spray foam which will help glue the floor down but use sparingly.  If you make a mistake and get heaving and need to pull up the floor coat the foam with fiberglass resin to seal the foam.  The foam in a laid condition is pretty much waterproof.