Taking on water

• 0 Replies

joecheryl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« on: August 05, 2004, 08:51:52 PM »
We are taking on water around the lower unit. they tell me that the wood in the back is bad. Can it be repaired?
I can not see for sure where the water is coming from.
What I can see is that the water is running of the exsaust Y on the right side at the bottom. But I do not see any water running from trhe upper part of the unit.
Thanks for the input of those who responded.

akw4572

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 11:12:11 PM »
try here...........

http://www.rotdoctor.com/

Anonymous

Taking on water
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 07:49:53 PM »
Hey,,
       Have you checked the boot at the back of the boat?A friend of mine had a small hole in his and his Mark Twain was half full of water after one night of sitting in a slip....Hope this helps......

LakeChaser

kdauman

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 10:05:50 PM »
I had the same problem, rotten transom.  I have replaced the transom and the entire floor system.  My problem (which was solved with prayer, a big screwdriver, and a pry bar) was the cap would not fit when I tried to put it back on.  Even though it is now on, did anyone have a similar problem and knows a possible cause?

wilfish247

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 01:45:26 AM »
kdauman, did you do all this work while it was on the trailer or on blocks? I was thinking maybe when you removed eveything and put it all back together, the hull might have been twisted or something like that. I\'m no expert, just a thought. Chris :O

kdauman

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 10:12:06 PM »
Chris,

It was on the trailer.  I did not lift the top off and hang it, I left it propped  (sp) on the front of the hull.  I think it splayed the bow.  I mismeasured the floor stringers so I had to cut the floor of the walk thru so the top would at least come down.  All is somewhat well, I am putting the rub rail on.  We shall see.......

Cedric

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Taking on water
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 11:10:28 AM »
Depending on boat, the y exhaust pipe can be rotted out and water coming in through the y pipe.  Your post was not clear if the y pipe was leaking