I welcome Myself to this Board, and you too.

• 7 Replies

Anonymous

« on: September 22, 2003, 08:26:05 AM »
Well, theres now a place on the Internet where I can share my Tom Sawyer boat experiences with myself and other interested parties.

Tom Sawyer boats appear to have been built in Hannibal Missouri as a spinoff company, (boat entrapreneurs formally working at Mark Twain Boats).

I have a 1969 Tom Sawyer 19\' runabout and have always been interested in knowing more about the company and the people that built them.

I plan to take a small classified ad in the local Hannibal newspapers hoping to locate former employees, relatives etc that might shed some light on how TS came to be.

I look at the photo of my boat and it is strikingly similar to Clints TS boat.

I\'m hoping to find sales literature, brochures, etc related to TS boats.....If you are a TS owner and would like to share your experiences, join in.......We are a small group so we can easily double in size with just one more active member, haha...

Andy...
19\' Tom Sawyer, 327 cu. in. 225hp Named Ole\' Tom, but have since changed it to \"Can you hear me now? Good!\" in honor of that American Muscle car sound from the thru the hull exhaust.

Clint

• Administrator
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 07:27:52 PM »
He meant Clint\'s MT Boat    :D  

Clint
My Twain\'s bigger than yours!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 03:15:41 PM »
I sold my 1972 Tom Sawyer to a guy here in st.louis, i had it two years and now looking at a 66 V-sonic 18.5, 165HP.
I had fun with that Tom Sawyer.  
Well was it really a Tom Sawyer or was it a Mark Twain Boat (Tom Sawyer Edition).  Not sure.   :(  

Jason

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:36:29 PM »
Hi!  My husband and I just bought a boat from the family of a recently deceased neighbor.  We know nothing about boats, but this one looked fairly nice, and we knew it ran not too long ago.  

I was hoping that someone could point us in the right direction.  the family is workign on getting the original registration (which really does exist, they swear) so I will hopefully have more info then, but by all the markings on the boat, it is a Tom Sawyer.  Is this good? Bad?  Where do I find information for parts, and replacing things, like the canopy that seems to have shrunk.  

We are so excited about the boat, and even more excited that there are other people out there that may be able to help!

I will post pictures (if I can figure it out) tomorrow when it is light out.  Thanks in advance for any help.

1970TOMSAWYER

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 06:15:12 AM »
Hi,
I have a 18\' tom sawyer. It has a 225 cu in Buick V6 with a
OMC stern drive (800 I think) Have had boat 35 years and the only thing I had to replace has been the tilt motor and the fuel pump. It still pulls skier\'s and tubers all summer.

69TwainKS

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
I just bought a 1971 Tom Sawyer to go along with my Mark Twain Collection. It has the 2.5 120hp with the Alpha One.  The guy needed it gone before he left for Arizona in March because of a Job Transfer...I got it cheap, I will post pics.

7designs

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:41:13 AM »
I just bought a 1973 Tom Sawyer 160v. Made by Tom Sawyer Boat Company in Richmond, Mo.

That is all I can find on this boat or company. Anyone else ever hear of them or have information on them?

69TwainKS

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 04:05:35 AM »
Yeah, if you browse through the Tom Sawyer Boat threads, you\'ll learn a lot of useful information. I do know that Tom Sawyer came about after a few angry employees who worked for Mark Twain were fired, or fed up and decided to branch off and make these boats which were only made for a few years. They are cousins of Mark Twain boats and are very similar.

That\'s about all I know, they drive and ride no different than a mark twain. I enjoy mine.