Fiberlass Help

• 2 Replies

Anonymous

Fiberlass Help
« on: July 07, 2002, 12:49:06 AM »
Has anyone had to replace or patch the floor on their Twain.

I have a bad spot in front of the engine housing that has gotten out of hand. The area is about 18\" X 24\".

Any repair hints??

frogman416

77-1026441157

Fiberlass Help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 09:45:17 PM »
The best thing to do is to get a fiberglass repair kit which includes the fibre matting and gel. Mark off the area to be repaired on the inside of the boat. Rough up the old glass using a clean wire brush ncluding a 3 inch over lap onto the good area. Brush on a layer of glass then apply matting and cover this with more gel. Do this for each layer until you get your desired thickness. Also for your second layer lay the matte down 90 degrees from the first one. You should be able to find fiberglass repair kits at most marinas.  :D

84-1027592858

Fiberlass Help
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 06:01:15 AM »
I too am having trouble with the aft deck floor rotting behind the rear facing passenger seat. It was my understanding that 2 owners before me had put an all new marine plywood floor throughout the boat. My guess is that this was probably 5-7 years ago. I just happened to notice quite by accident that there is a soft place there and feels like it is about to go clean through!

Good luck with the repair on your floor...I guess this will be a project I have to look forward to next year!