1968 14' Runabout

• 0 Replies

Boscovius

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1968 14' Runabout
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »
Hello All,
I've been the owner of a 14 foot Mark Twain for nearly 20 years.  I've run her hard and it shows, but now it's time to restore her as best I can so I can pass her down to my boys.  Now, here is my conundrum...While the boat is titled as a 1970, the Mark Twain factory index shows that the only 14 foot fiberglass boat Mark Twain ever produced was in 1968, so, if that's true, I'd like to have the title redone to accurately reflect it's true year of manufacture.  Also, this model has a very unique "snub nose" design that I have never seen on any other boat.  Try as I might, and I have tried, I cannot find any pictures of reference to this model on the internet.  I am planning to redo the transom, floor, as well as repaint the hull and deck and fabricate a new windshield.  Pictures or drawings would be instrumental in helping me to get this right.  I know it's a small boat, and many might not care much about it.  But, what can I say.  I'm rather attached to it.

I am hoping that someone here can help me to 1. Confirm the date of manufacture.  2. Share pictures of what the boat might have looked like in it's original state.

Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:11:35 PM by Boscovius »