1979 19' flooring

• 2 Replies

moffitt77

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1979 19' flooring
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:31:38 PM »
The old floor was ripped out and now I am left to replace it.  Are there any kits, sites, or suggestions that would help me do it correctly?

New2Me78

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1979 19' flooring
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 08:18:49 PM »
It doesn't get much better than the post just below yours. "Yet another floor replacement" Also there are a bunch of good posts on iboats forum. On iboats forum there is "restoration, building, & hull repair." A forum user named "woodonglass" he has many tricks to the trade as well. Trust this!!! This is something you want to do right the FIRST time. If not you are going to spend a lot of time & money for something, you don't want to be doing it again a short time later. Soak in as much from these well experienced guys as you can. They have dozens of these kind of projects under their belts. Experience & knowledge counts here,
I liked reading several different ones & take pieces & parts from all of them to create my own system,
My floor & seats are all done, just need to be installed after I get the boat mechanic get this new motor popped off & running.
getting REALLY excited!!! Have had the boat over ten years & only had it in the water ONCE! So for years I have been in legal limbo or just too poor to fix what need to be fixed until last summer I worked on it nearly every day. It's going to be awesome!!! ;D

iowatwain2

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1979 19' flooring
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »
The old floor was ripped out and now I am left to replace it.  Are there any kits, sites, or suggestions that would help me do it correctly?

use green treated plywood. I used 5/8th on mine for strength 3/4 is probably adding too much weight to the boat. cut it to size and before you lay it in coat the whole sheet with fiberglass mat and resin to protect it. Lay it down screw it in and then put another 3-4 coats of fiber and glass on top of it. Mine has lasted about 15 years now.