Side Panels

• 3 Replies

New2Me78

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Side Panels
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:44:39 PM »
It has been sooo long since I tore this thing apart that I don't recall how the side panels attach. I think they but down to where I have the carpet & get screwed into the ribs I have circled in the pics. Wife thinks they go above those ribs. I hope she is wrong for more than one reason. ;D The most being I have already laid the carpet down & didn't cover those ribs with it. I am 99% sure I am right due to the pure fact that is the only place the bottom could be screwed in. Above that & your screwing into the outside of the hull... & that would be bad!
We've looked at a lot of photos on the net but it's too hard to tell how they mate up. Would one of you boys that have restored one of these old gals help me?
This is an old 1978 18' V Sonic with the bench seat in the back.

New2Me78

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Side Panels
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »
Wow no replies! Well I guess I'm right then ;D I have been too busy doing my engine swap to be doing any interior work right now. Should be able to figure it out. I have saved all of the old panels so maybe they will give up a clue.

Haulnazz15

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:05 PM »
Should screw into the area you circled right above the floor.
1976 200V BR, 351/265+hp  \"Heart & Soul\"

New2Me78

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »
Great! That is what I thought. Still have some engine work to do but might get to some of interior this weekend.
Thanks a bunch for the response. The closer I get to finishing this thing the more questions I know I will have. Stay tuned.  ;D