what have you done to your boat?

• 3 Replies

beap52

« on: October 21, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »
I am courious what others have done to their boat and about how much invested.  Hopefully with the season coming to a close for most of us, we will have time to spend on this forum.

My son purchased our 1965 V-sonic, closed bow, I/O in 2007 for about $650.  Something happened to the engine and he had it replaced for about $1,950.  (The original engine has the dual carburators.) My son replaced the seats with a swivel seat behind the wheel and a bench seat he purchased from a pontoon boat. I rewired it and replaced part of the stern plus part of the floor. The floor had been rebuilt by previous owner with treated wood and was in good shape except for what I call the front engine mount.  It was totally rotten and the engine was setting entirely on the fiberglass. It had to have been that way when the shop replaced the engine as the lag screws holding the motor mound had big globs of glue on them.   I found a doner boat with power tilt and installed in on ours. (Our boat did not come from the factory with power tilt) We polished the gelcoat, replaced the windshield with new plexiglass. I suppose I have spent an additional 600 dollars or so.   I took the boat to Stockton Lake here in southwest Missouri yesterday for the final trip this year.  She ran like a top and didn\'t leak a drop.  Almost always get questions or comments on it. This week plan to do the fall maintence and winterize.

Dave Johnson

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »
Sounds great, my favorite part about the website are the progress pics, do you have any to post? Go to the photo gallery and download the pic reducer and post your pics.
1983 Mark Twain 240 XL

Haulnazz15

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
I have replaced the engine, the transom, and floor in our 1976.  It still has the original outdrive and interior fabric though.  I am going to have to get a new lower unit for it though.
1976 200V BR, 351/265+hp  \"Heart & Soul\"

zookeeper

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:26:41 AM »
We have a 78 180BR. I have replaced the engine, outdrive, floor, some of the stingers, the motor box and the carpeting. We also bought a convertable top for it and installed a sterio system. Now we are thinking about doing the interior. It\'s not real bad but the back bench seat has some cracks in it and foam is a little flat in the others. The interior had been redone years back (before we bought it) and the helm seat aren\'t very well made. But she is up and running and still looks pretty good. we get compliments everytime we take her out.