1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft

• 0 Replies

jdlang1978

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« on: March 08, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

First post here, a great forum.  For anyone rebuilding a 67 V-Sonic, hopefully these pictures can help.  I just purchased this boat from the original owner, yes original owner.  It has been very well maintained and still has the orignal engine, 67 Evinrude Starflite 100 S.  It does have a couple of interior vinyl pieces that need repair and I would also like to put the carpet back to as original as possible, but that will be next winter.

Hope these pictures help anyone with a resto.  These are great boats!

livinglegend

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »
Wow! Thanks for posting pictures of your V-sonic it looks amazing!
I too have my original motor it’s a Evinrude Starflite 90-s and I hope to get my restoration project stared soon?

69TwainKS

1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »
Did you buy this near Ponderosa, KY? I looked at this boat, thought about it, but He couldn\'t guarantee the floor was solid and the trailer bearings were good. A little pricey if you Paid $1500.

jdlang1978

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Yes, near Ponderosa.  I\'m pretty satisfied with the boat especially considering the condition it is in.  By the way the floor is solid as can be.  He provided every bit of documentation, receipts, ect. on the boat since he purchased it new back in 67 (even the original receipt of purchase), complete service manual on the Evinrude, a full box of spare parts (gaskets, prop, spare points, fluids, ect.).   I\'m surprised even a new battery.

As for the trailer, we greased the bearings, inflated the tires, then I towed it 3 hours at 70mph, no problems at all.  I did spend probably $15 and 3 evenings sanding and repainting it though, looks brand new.  I\'ll probably repack the bearings for sanity\'s sake.

I\'ll be honest, I haven\'t done anything to this boat except cleaning it up and waxing.  We took it out this past weekend and the motor ran absolutely flawless.  Lower unit fluid clean no signs of water.    Overall I think given the background on the boat and after reading the documentation it\'s obviously been well cared for.

1964mt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:59 AM »
Wow,
That thing is beautiful. Very good deal. It is far better to pay for a clean one than to try to make a worn one look new. Good luck on your new toy, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

wintersg3

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
Very nice boat, I would like to know what the max hp rating is for the 16\' outboard model if you have time to check the plate and post it.

jdlang1978

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1967 MT V-Sonic 16ft
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »
I\'m so sorry here it is November and I\'m just now replying to you.  I believe it is 110 hp max rating. I\'ve been comtemplating the \"what if\" scenario with this old Evinrude.  Runs good but parts are really starting to get scarce.  If you send me your email address I\'ll send you some pictures and the brochure I have which breaks down the specific hp ratings.  I will tell you that Evinrude 100S is a beast, very heavy and not very efficent, but I do like having the original motor on the boat.

Again, sorry for the late late reply.