1977: conversation with Lee Seibert

• 0 Replies

Mkb4550

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
1977: conversation with Lee Seibert
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
This doesn\'t have a lot to do with MT in particular but it provides a little insight to Mr. Seibert.
  Sept. 1977, McCormick Place, Chicago, Ill.  International Marine Trade Exhibt.  Lee Seibert and Carl Keikhafer.

Both men are recovering from recent injuries to knee or ankle.  Both are in wheelchairs and are being assisited by jr. staff members.  This is truly an international trade only event and there are persons of every nationality all around us many want pictures or just to meet these icons of the trade.  Mr. S says to Mr. K \"remember the last time we saw this many Japanese and Germans in one place?\" Mr. K. says \"I sure do. After the war right?\" Mr. S. says to me \"after we destroyed the industries and economys of both countries we brought their engineers and such over here and gave them tours of our plants.\" Mr.K. says yeah and the first thing they did was buy Brownie Cameras and take pictures of everything we were doing.\" Mr.S. says \"The next thing they did was go home and invent better cameras.  Mark my words Carl they will be coming after your outboards next.\"
  Well you already know the rest of this story. I just thought you guys might get a kick out of this.