2005 Mark Twain Boat In

• 74 Replies

Racindude45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« on: June 13, 2004, 10:51:57 PM »
Call me crazy, But would anybody be interested in a Mark Twain boat in / get together in 2005. I think it would be pretty cool to meet somewhere like, oh I don\'t know, Mark Twain Lake. Starting to plan this year for something like this next year would be plenty of time for most I would think. So, what does everybody think is this something we can do? Anyone interested? Suggestions? Just an idea the wife and I thought about since we go to trike shows often. It would be great fun in the sun and a great way to \"actually\" meet the other Twainers. Well just thought I might throw this out to ya.   :cool:
\" Dream as if you\'ll live forever. Live as if you\'ll die tomorrow. \" ~ James Dean

Anonymous

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 11:56:26 PM »
Sounds like a great idea!!:)  I would love to come to that...I should have my project floor reconstrution done by 2005 keep posting info on this

The Billiken Rebel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 06:36:07 AM »
Count the Rebel in. I could help with suggesting lodging, etc.
\"I\'m your Huckleberry\"

Racindude45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:04:23 AM »
Well maybe I\'m not as crazy as I thought. We might be able to launch this thing yet.   :cool:
\" Dream as if you\'ll live forever. Live as if you\'ll die tomorrow. \" ~ James Dean

Anonymous

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 09:21:38 AM »
I would be up for it.  I\'m hoping to have my Mark Twain by next month.  Might even be up for doing a MarkTwain get together here in St. Louis at one of the river sand bars north of St.Charles if some of you local Twainers are up for it.

Jason

Anonymous

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 09:34:21 AM »
Sounds like alot of fun...I would be interested..count me in...

lilsinker

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 11:27:58 AM »
Oh #### yes!
 The lake sounds fun and I know the river is a blast also. I should have mine done too by next spring (hopefully sooner). I used to camp up on the river all the time. The breakfast bar at Kinders is nice on a sunday morning too. I\'d really like to check out MT lake though, maybe both? HMMMMM ???
I said, GIVE ME THE ROPE!
Think you\'re \'Twain is fast?
Bring it ON!!

norman123456

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »
I\'m game on meeting on twain lake,  My project should be done by 2005.  Indiana here.

Anonymous

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 03:47:01 PM »
Well, ya took my idea, but I\'m pretty sure since I\'m all alone here in the great northeast that I\'ll just have to hook the old girl up and drag her west, hmm, might even bring the the boat  while I\'m at it! Just kidding, sounds like a great idea, just hope I\'m eligible for the prize for trailering the longest distance so I have gas money to get back home.

Sierra

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 07:03:32 PM »
It would be great if it comes to pass. Keep in mind they are members in the East and West on a place to meet.It would be fun to meet everyone with Mark Twain Boats.
Jerry

Racindude45

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 10:35:12 PM »
Sounds like this might bring together a good time and new friends. If there are no objections I would be happy to be the \"2005 Coordinator\". I will see what I can come up with for plans and ask for help from everyone to bring it together, such as the date, and anything else we can think of. If anyone has ideas of entertainment, games, prizes, etc. and wants to volunteer please e-mail me direct and we will see if we can put on one whale of a time.   :cool:

Anonymous

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 09:09:14 PM »
Just mentioned this idea to my wife, she thinks it could be alot of fun, as long as I let her ride in the truck and drag the boat...........  seriously, keep us posted, we are very interested.

1969twain

2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 11:05:09 PM »
I am all for this. I think i should have my \'69 twain done by the end of this season.  Hoping to hit the water for the first time in early July 2004.  Please keep me posted on this.  and yes I too am replacing the floor and rebuilt the 120hp motor.  all in all the best boat ive come across for the money.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!  :D    :D    :D

lilsinker

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 01:47:47 PM »
Well, maybe I wont have the oldest boat there. This is going to be a blast! We can get all liquored up, sit around the campfire, play our guitars and sing folk tunes. We need to find a camp grounds with a beach or dock space. I\'ll start checking around the different websites for info. We might want to finger out a tenative date in case we need to make reservations well in advance. Scream at me and I\'ll try to get some info on availability/prices etc....
I said, GIVE ME THE ROPE!
Think you\'re \'Twain is fast?
Bring it ON!!

wilfish247

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
2005 Mark Twain Boat In
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 11:08:53 AM »
Ok this idea sounds really good, but could someone tell me where MT lake is located, since im in FL and haven\'t really traveled much out of the south. Maybe I can make a vacation with the family out of this get together. Chris